White House Announces Deadline for Fall Internship Program
The White House today announced that applications for the Fall 2009 White House Internship Program are due by Tuesday, May 26. Those selected to participate in the program will gain valuable job experience and an inside look at the life of White House staff while building leadership skills.
In addition to normal office duties, interns will supplement their learning experience by attending a weekly lecture series hosted by senior White House staff, help at White House social events, and volunteer in community service projects.
The 2009 Fall Internship program runs from September 8 to December 18, and the submission deadline is May 26, 2009.
Those interested in applying to the White House Internship Program must be:
* US Citizens
* Eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship.
* Enrolled in a college or university (2-4 year institution) or must have graduated from college in the past two years.
* A veteran of the United States Armed forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty at any time over the past two years.
Interns will be placed in a departmental office for their internship. Below is a list of departments in the Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President where interns could be placed.
* White House Department of Scheduling and Advance
* The Office of Cabinet Affairs
* The White House Communications Department
* The White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs
* The Office of the First Lady
* The White House Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA)
* The Office of Political Affairs
* The Office of Management and Administration
* The Office of White House Counsel
* The Domestic Policy Council
* National Economic Counsel
* The Office of the White House Fellow Program
* The Office of Presidential Correspondence
* The White House Office of Health Reform
* The White House Office of Energy and Climate Change
* The Office of the Chief of Staff
* The White House Office of Presidential Personnel
* Office of the Vice President
Applicants will be notified whether they have been accepted by the first week of July.
More information on the White House Internship Program, including application instructions, can be found at: www.whitehouse.gov/about/internships